Wednesday, January 30, 2013

update

The problem with growing up is that we are typecast. We are forced to become something. A stereotype. What are you? An engineer, a filmmaker, a cook, a professor? We are not any of these. We are almost, more often than not, all of these and more. I'm surprised by the human mentality to find a job that one loves and stick to it until we turn 60. Well, being able to do that is an art form. It requires discipline, tenacity and passion for doing it well. But before deciding what we want to do for the rest of our lives, it is also important to ask why we have to choose something. All our lives, we've been taught to be well-rounded, to be atleast good at a lot of things, and very good at a couple of things. Then, why suddenly are we made to find a career so that we can grow vertically. That's one way to live, definitely, but I've always been more mesmerised with the horizontal. I'd rather be an amateur at everything than be an expert in one. How are you going to make money then, start a family and feed your kids then? If you don't have a job and a rising salary to meet your growing financial needs? I don't know, really. And I'm not considering it right now because that is not my headache yet. But I am not ready to sacrifice living to making a living. I don't know what this is about. The only reason why I'm posting this is because it has been a long time since I've posted anything.
Later.

No comments: