Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pleased as Punch

Got into MAD. That's a whole new story, will write about it soon. During the selection process, they asked us to write about why we wanted to get into MAD. I wrote this and today I saw it up in the MAD site next to my resume. I wrote it in a hurry in about 2 minutes but reading back, I'm proud of it. Here it goes.

--

Why MAD. Apart from being one of the most popular organizations working towards this cause, what pulls me more towards you folks is the fact that MAD was started by a bunch of college-goers; People who need not have done anything, didn't have to but yet chose to. I've always wanted to do something for those less privileged than me. What have I done? Nothing much, to be honest, apart from write about Child Labour in my blog, convince a couple of my classmates against employing children as maids and brood over God's injustice. That is because I never knew where to start off. And MAD seems like a good place to begin with. I'm just another restless youth but I'm energetic enough to inspire kids, enthusiastic enough to work hard and committed enough to stick to what I believe in. And I believe in the difference MAD can make.

1 comment:

Deekshith Vemuganti said...

good one! 2 min is pretty fast!