Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bhopal Calling!

Hmm...now, exactly an year and abt 2 hrs ago, I was aboard the train to Bhopal for my NDA selections... ;)...Yep, I was even called for the selections, you don't have to be so surprised...

anyways, all the posts in this category report to the events which happened exactly an year ago...the dates are the same but you need to rewind your brains back to a year...this is sort of my dedication to my Bhopal trip...and the details are not entirely correct, come off it, I went an year ago and you can't expect me to remember even the minutest details...so, with the fictious right vested upon me, I make up quite a few things(all in part of being a writer and so that you folks have a good read...Im so selfless you know ;) )...but I had a really great journey...really memorable it was :D...

anyways, I was talking about my train journey before I gave you that boring set of instructions...good, so now, about my journey thing... 

today is 24th september, '07...hmm, a really memorable date...and the time's about 1.30 p.m and I'm busy packing my bags with the huge list of things I was asked to get, which include 2 formal shirts, 2 formal trousers, a pair of formal shoes and two pairs of white shirts and shorts(for God's sake) among many others... amma's yelling at me that I'm going to be late and should have started packing the day before...why brood over the well-slept night, I reflected, but not so loudly for her to hear...she was already pissed off enough and it didn't do me any good irritating her further...

and before i forget, I received a telegram(Yeah! a "TELEGRAM", and addressed to ME...that was awesome...someone actually sends you a piece of antique addressed to you) from the UPSC asking me to be reporting at the Bhopal railway station by 1.30 p.m on 25th sept...the goddamn telegram was sent on 18th sept and I receive it on 22nd...Indian Postal Service zindabad ;)...

so, we reach the station(well in time too...see, amma was wrong... :D ) and I'm pretty nervous about my trip...frankly, I didn't even wanna go...I had already paid(yeah! PAID a fortune) for my engineering seat and there was no point going for the selections...except for the exposure(as amma and moni mama pointed out) and fun( as bujji mama said)...I didn't expect to get through my written exam in the first place, so it was a bit of a surprise for me to be called...the train arrives and I bid adieu to amma and ammamma and call up my "frnd" as soon as my train starts rolling...

I'm suddenly feeling all grown-up and all...going for recruitments sounds good...anyways, 5 days of joy without anyone bothering me, with a postpaid phone so that no one ever disturbs me how much ever i talk, 5 days of pure untouched world because I don't even know one soul all through the trip and 5 days of pure freedom...aahhaa!...freedom already smells good even before I reach Secunderabad ;)...5 days of freedom, wait a sec, did I forget I was actaully going to a Military Camp...a MILITARY CAMP for God's sake and I'm looking over the prospect of 5 days of liberty...only if i knew what was in store for me... :D

I love trains...the journey? well, not so much...the leisurelyness of it...you know you can't do anything except WAIT for your destination to arrive or for you to reach your destination, wateva! the typical time and space relativity(thanx to the ambiguity created by the great mr. Einstein)...anyways, don't you mind guys...i have this very annoying habit of deviating from the current topic and lecture about something else very unrelated..as Sherlock holmes points out...wait a sec, I'm deviating again...phew!...we'll discuss trains, einstein and holmes some other day...no problem :D...

the journey was pretty uneventful...i mean uneventful if you don't count the fact that I cudn't find a single person whom I could converse with properly and undisturbedly...that meant half a day of no gossip and ages of torment for me...i stuck to a book(I think it was R.K. Narayan's collection of essays) and ate my meal...a good night's sleep then...Good Night folks! cya tomo...


oi! what are you hanging about for?...Can't you see I'm sleeping...gn... :D




1 comment:

Sai Kishore Bandaru said...

sirish the content is nice ..........but dude where is ur group foto taken at bhopal.........jus wanna see u how u r at that time:P